CHAP Group (Aberdeen) Ltd is one of Scotland’s leading privately owned construction groups. We have an inspiring heritage dating back to 1976 when the Company was founded, and a reputation for valuing our employees. Today the Company comprises Construction, Civils and Homes divisions and is a diverse, dynamic and highly successful group which predominantly focuses on providing quality services within the North East of Scotland.
Due to increased work within our Construction Division we are seeking experienced Site Managers for projects within Aberdeen and elsewhere.
To supervise all personnel on site and make day to day decisions relating to site operations to ensure that they planned and carried out safely, within budget and to a high standard.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensuring health and safety standards and regulations are complied with.
- Make fundamental decisions regarding operations on site to maximise margin.
- Liaise with design team regarding drawings and specifications – ensuring TQs are implemented timeously.
- Supervision of CHAP site employees – allocation of daily work expectations, ensuring work packs and instructions are clearly understood.
- Supervision of all CHAP personnel and non-CHAP employees on site e.g. subcontractors, agency personnel, work experience placements.
- Play an active role in the identification of training and development needs of site employees and ensure training is implemented off or on site as required.
- To guarantee quality of work produced by implementing ITP inspections, issuing defect notices as required and implement rectification.
- Monitor contract and target programmes to ensure key dates are met and implement 2-4 week Excel look ahead programmes, ensuring all plant, labour and materials are delivered to meet programme demands.
- Discuss and propose programme changes if a better or preferred solution is evident. Line manager to approve before proceeding.
- Review specifications and propose alternatives to increase margin where applicable
- Provide detailed material take-offs, accurately quantifying materials timeously – this must have back up notes for others to understand/marked up drawings/etc.
- Produce a ‘snag’ list prior to project completion and ensure all identified issues are resolved timeously.
- Completion of appropriate allocation, site diaries and daywork sheets – subcontractor dayworks must be challenged and NOT signed if you are not in agreement or amended then signed.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the SMSTS provisions.
- Timeously save/file all project documentation into the required locations.
- Ensure compliance with the CHAP Management systems and requirements of the relevant standards (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007).
- CITB SMSTS site supervisor certificate
- CSCS Card
- Driver’s licence
- First Aid
- Bachelor’s Degree related to construction or civil engineering
- Management qualification NVQ/SVQ level 4 is desirable (holds or is currently undertaking or is willing to achieve in a timely manner).
- Construction trade craft apprenticeship
- Sufficient knowledge and experience of managing the construction of multi-disciplinary highly serviced buildings to demonstrate full competency in site management of such projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, persuade, guide and motivate others.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Computer Literacy – including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 2 years project supervising experience including directing site works and project management.
- Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practice.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of effectively dealing with operational issues, opportunities and obstacles.
Applications & further information
Apply via website https://chap.co.uk/recruitment/ with a current CV and also include a cover letter/email providing the following information:
- why the role is of interest to you and why you think you are a suitable candidate
- an idea of your pay expectations
- what your current notice period/availability to start would be.
If further information is required please contact Sandra McRoberts, HR Manager – email@example.com
Applicants require to have the right to live and work in the UK.