CHAP Group (Aberdeen) Ltd is one of Scotland’s leading privately owned construction groups. We have an inspiring heritage dating back to 1976 when the Company was founded, and a reputation for valuing our employees. Today the Company comprises Construction, Civils and Homes divisions and is a diverse, dynamic and highly successful group which predominantly focuses on providing quality services within the North East of Scotland.
Provide commercial, contractual and procedural Quantity Surveying service, support and supervision within the Construction Division Quantity Surveying Department.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Monitoring and controlling commercial activity of assigned Projects, including reviewing all matters, costs and expenditure to maximise outcome.
- Completing period end CVRs to the required standard.
- Completing regular Project Forecasts to the required standard and deadlines.
- Completing, consolidating and reporting on period end results for assigned Projects.
- Assisting with the compilation of year end results as required.
- Preparing contract claims and negotiating settlement.
- Taking appropriate action on commercial/contractual project issues, such as any necessary delay remedies/claims or similar key business matters.
- Monitoring progress of assigned projects and identifying any risks or actions required.
- Identifying, monitoring and reviewing any commercial opportunities or risks within assigned projects.
- Support/mentor/train QS team members as assigned.
- Supervise work of QS team members as assigned.
- Provide cover for the Commercial Manager role when required.
- Appointing sub-contractors and issuing orders in line with tender allowance.
- Managing subcontract procurement rigorously to ensure best options are facilitated.
- Reviewing project Prelim budgets and actuals with Commercial Manager/Commercial Director as required.
- Monitoring and reviewing Labour and Material allowances and actuals with Commercial Manager/Commercial Director.
- Complying with subcontract payment procedures in accordance with procedural and contractual obligations.
- Ensuring project variations and recovery are identified, valued and claimed.
- Managing contractual arrangements including designer appointments, warranties and bonds for assigned projects.
- Ensuring high professional standards are achieved and consistently maintained.
- Ensuring excellent rapport and communication with external consultants and customers and assisting with the development of relationships and opportunities.
- Maintaining excellent relationships and strong communication within the internal business and line management.
- Assisting with the review and compilation of commercial procedures and contractual documentation for the division as required
- Formal QS qualification, Bachelor Degree or equivalent preferred.
- UK driving licence essential.
- Previous in-depth Quantity Surveying experience within a Commercial Construction and/or Housing Construction environment.
- Ability to self-manage, participate as a team member, identify and prioritise key matters and facilitate acceptable and measurable results.
- Tangible experience in the key tasks and responsibilities of the role to demonstrate competency.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Skilled and experienced QS background in commercial construction surveying practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of CVR’s, Project Forecasting, results, budget control and monitoring.
- Existing knowledge of local marketplace and relationships with consultants and customers.
- Previous supervisory or team leading experience.
- Ability to anticipate key business matters, provide solutions, track and monitor results.
- Ability to be flexible to changing priorities.
For Further Information or to Apply
Contact HR Manager, Sandra McRoberts: email email@example.com , phone 07920 138597