Due to recent contract awards in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire we are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide a commercial, contractual and procedural QS service, support and supervision within the Construction & Civils Divisions.
Summary Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring and controlling commercial activity of assigned Projects, including reviewing all matters, costs and expenditure to maximise outcome.
- Completing period end CVRs (Cost Value Reconciliations) to the required standard.
- Completing regular Project Forecasts to the required standard and deadlines.
- Completing, consolidating and reporting on period end results for assigned Projects.
- Assisting with the compilation of year end results as required.
- Preparing contract claims and negotiating settlement.
- Taking appropriate action on commercial/contractual project issues, such as any necessary delay remedies/claims or similar key business matters.
- Monitoring progress of assigned projects and identifying any risks or actions required.
- Identifying, monitoring and reviewing any commercial opportunities or risks within assigned projects.
- Appointing sub-contractors and issuing orders in line with tender allowance.
- Supervise/support/mentor/train QS team members as assigned.
- Managing subcontract procurement rigorously to ensure best options are facilitated.
- Reviewing project Prelim budgets and actuals with Managing QS/Commercial Director as required.
- Monitoring and reviewing Labour and Material allowances and actuals with Managing QS/Commercial Director.
- Complying with subcontract payment procedures in accordance with procedural and contractual obligations.
- Ensuring project variations and recovery are identified, valued and claimed.
- Review and management of contractual documentation; main contract, warranties, bonds, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Formal QS qualification (Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred) and/or relevant experience.
- Track record and experience in main duties and responsibilities.
- Previous in-depth Quantity Surveying experience within a Commercial/Housing Construction environment.
- Ability to self-manage, participate as a team member, identify and prioritise key matters and facilitate acceptable and measurable results.
- Tangible experience in the key tasks and responsibilities of the role to demonstrate competency.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Skilled and experienced QS background in commercial construction surveying practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of CVR’s, Project Forecasting, results, budget control and monitoring.
- Existing knowledge of local marketplace and relationships with consultants and customers.
- Ability to anticipate key business matters, provide solutions, track and monitor results.
- Ability to be flexible to changing priorities.
A full Job Description is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your CV to email@example.com . A cover email/letter to include the following information would also be helpful:
- why the role is of interest to you and why you think you are a suitable candidate
- your salary expectations
- what your current notice period/availability to start would be.