The CHAP Group (Aberdeen) Ltd is one of Scotland’s leading privately owned construction groups. We have an inspiring heritage dating back to 1976 when the Company was founded, and a reputation for valuing our employees. Today the Company comprises 4 Divisions – Construction, Civils, Homes & Quarries and has developed into a diverse, dynamic and highly successful group which predominantly focuses on providing quality services within the North East of Scotland.
Responsible for day to day planning, directing, coordinating and budgeting activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities and systems at various locations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Working at a senior level with internal management team and supporting departments.
- Overall project management including programme progress, cost control, direct labour management and management of sub-contractors.
- Supervising site managers, site agents and foremen.
- Liaising with project design teams.
- Develop systems and establish plan for managing health, safety and welfare.
- Design project programme by studying job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods; schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Undertake site inspections and visits on a regular basis to ensure the project is carried out in a safe and organised manner; inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
- Liaise with public utilities, local authorities and NHBC (where applicable) to ensure relevant orders are placed and consultation takes place to meet the project programme.
- Determine labour and material requirements for each site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, subcontractors and designers to discuss and resolve potential construction problems.
- Monitor and manage sub-contractors from appointment through contract progress and after project conclusion including safety, quality and performance, manage and attend sub-contractor meetings as required.
- Investigate damage, accidents or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Develop and implement quality control programmes, proactively managing inspection work flow.
- CSCS Card
- Drivers licence
- CSCS Manager’s card
- Bachelor Degree related to construction or engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Management qualification NVQ/SVQ level 5, or above, is desirable (holds or currently undertaking or willing to achieve in a timely manner).
- First Aid at Work, 3 day course or equivalent.
- Risk Assessment & Method Statement qualification.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, persuade, guide, manage and motivate others.
- In depth previous experience within the construction industry.
- In depth experience within a Contracts Manager, Project Manager, or similar role within the construction sector.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Computer Literacy – including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 2 years management experience including strategic planning and directing of projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practice.
- Proven experience of developing innovative ideas to develop and retain employees.
- A strategic thinker able to deal with operational issues, opportunities and obstacles.
The closing date for applications for this role is 10 January 2020.
Apply via website https://chap.co.uk/recruitment/ with a current CV and also include a cover letter/email providing the following information:
- why the role is of interest to you and why you think you are a suitable candidate.
- an idea of what your salary expectations would be for the role.
- what your current notice period is/availability to start would be.